IRS Releases Notice 2021-31
OCA ARPA Webinar OCA will be hosting a webinar on Thursday, May 27th, at 3PM EST…
OCA ARPA Notices Timelines/Schedule
OCA's ARPA Notices/Timelines Yesterday, OCA conducted a COBRA Operations webinar. Below you will find…
OCA’s ARPA Communications
Since ARPA was signed into law on March 11, 2021, OCA has been committed to being transparent and keeping…
ARPA Model Notices and Guidance Update
OCA's ARPA Operational Update (Phase 2) On Wednesday, April 7, the Dept. of Labor (DOL) posted ARPA…
American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 Webinar
OCA Launches ARPA COBRA Subsidy FAQ Page OCA remains committed to being transparent…
Notice 2021-01 Webinar
Notice 2021-01 and its impact on COBRA Extensions OCA hosted a webinar on Thursday, March 11th,…
Notice 2021-01 and its impact on COBRA Extensions
OCA hosted a webinar on Thursday, March 11th, at 1:00 PM to do a deep dive into the newly released Notice 2021-01 and its impact on COBRA Extensions. We also discussed the operational impact it will have on employers, plan participants, and OCA.
Notice 2021-01 Action Plans
- On our COBRA participant portal, OCA has already posted a copy of the new notice to COBRA qualified beneficiaries, providing guidance on the outbreak period relief issued in EBSA Disaster Relief Notice 2021-01.
- The DOL has expressly noted that a notice is required to the extent prior communications did not contemplate this application of the 1-year rule.
- It is strongly recommended that these notices are mailed to all impacted Qualified Beneficiaries (QBs) and COBRA participants. By default, OCA will be mailing this relief notice for an additional fee of $2.25 per notice. If after consulting with your legal counsel you believe that a mailing is not required, please let us know by 3/25/21 and we will not mail the notice to your Qualified Beneficiaries. To opt out, please click here.
- MHP NJ will be absorbing the notice fee cost for OCA's MHP NJ clients.
- To view a copy of OCA's Outbreak Period Notice, please click here.