OCA’s ARPA Notices/Timelines
Yesterday, OCA conducted a COBRA Operations webinar. Below you will find video segments from the presentation focusing on the ARPA notice requirements and OCA timelines. OCA has set clear expectations to when these notices will be sent as well as the necessary action items and/or responsibilities for all the parties involved.
When will OCA send the ARPA notices to Qualified Beneficiaries and COBRA participants regarding the subsidy?
COBRA/State Continuation Election Notice: (Live In Production)
- OCA has updated our COBRA Election Form and inserted required ARPA language as well as the “Request for Treatment as an Assistance Eligible Individual” form
- No additional notice fees will be applied by OCA
Notice in Connection with Extended Election Period: (Target Date is 5/18- 5/21)
The notice must be issued by May 31, 2021, and will include the “Request for Treatment as an Assistance Eligible Individual” form
OCA will be charging $2.25 per notice issued
Notice of Expiration of Premium Assistance: (Target Date is date of COBRA End Date or when subsidy Expires)
- Will be sent to AEIs 15 to 45 days before their COBRA subsidy will expire.
- OCA will be charging $2.25 per notice issued
Failure to Elect COBRA/ARPA Subsidy
- This is not a required notice however OCA will be sending a failure to elect notice for those individuals that were potential AEIs but did not complete the “Subsidy Request Form”.
- No additional notice fees will be charged by OCA.
Watch the video below to learn more!
ARPA Differences Between Federal COBRA vs. State Continuation
One of the most commonly asked questions under ARPA is the impact it has on employers subject to Federal COBRA vs. employer groups subject to solely State Continuation law. In the video below, OCA discusses the core differences between Federal COBRA and State Continuation under ARPA.
To view the full recording of yesterday’s presentation, please click below.
This is not intended to be legal advice. Please contact your benefits counsel if you need additional guidance.