Recently authorized under the CARES Act, the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) makes loans available to small businesses (generally under 500 employees) to help retain workers and maintain payroll, or to make mortgage, lease and utility payments. To identify eligible loan amounts, employers will need to identify all applicable payroll costs. In addition to salary, wages, and commissions payroll costs also factor in healthcare benefits including insurance premiums and HRA disbursements! Additional details are available on the U.S. Small Business Administration’s website found here.
To help assist our clients, OCA wanted to proactively illustrate how to easily access HRA disbursement reports for 2019 and 2020 YTD. This information may be helpful when calculating PPP loan requests.
How can I calculate HRA disbursements? Employers can log into the employer portal and run the “enrollee account balance” report for previous and current plan years. For specific details on how to run this report in OCA’s employer portal, please follow the below instructions:
- Log into the employer portal by going to www.oca125.com/myoca/
- Click Reports, then “request”
- Select the “Enrollees” Report Category
- Select the “Enrollee Account Balance” Report
- Select the HRA under the “account type” followed by the previous/current “plan year”
- Once filtered, click the “generate” tab.
- Click “Results” on the report menu bar to open the generated report
To watch a video guide that will walk you through this process please click the video link below.